What are our Notary requirements?MOBILE NOTARY/SIGNING AGENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Current year E&O insurance
- Must have $250,000.00 minimum coverage to meet our underwriters’ requirements. Please also consider that there are some lenders that require signing agents to have a minimum of $500,000.00 coverage.
- For a notary company (multiple notaries under one policy), minimum is $1,000,000.00
- Current background check with fingerprinting. Need detailed report.
- Current notary certificate
Include years of signing experience, how many signings you’ve done and what types (refinance, purchase, reverse mortgage, etc) – rough estimate is fine.
- Notary Expectations acknowledged (on application)
- Your fee sheet and general area of operation/travel
Our standard payment schedule is as follows (these are negotiable):
- Refinance: $125
- Full purchase: $150
- Buyer side purchase with loan: $125
- Seller side or cash buyer side: $75
- Reverse mortgage: $125
- Provide any foreign languages you speak
- Note any days/times you are absolutely unavailable
Please return ALL of the above items – IN ONE EMAIL to:
[email protected], [email protected]
Once all requirements are received and reviewed/approved, you will be added to our network for our closing team to utilize.
Please Note: Canyon Title cannot advise you on where to obtain the proper E&O coverage, background checks, etc. That is YOUR responsibility.